Breast surgeon Dr. Patricia Rae Kennedy, clinical director of Saratoga Hospital Center for Breast Care, was recognized in 2016 as a Hidden Scar trained surgeon for Hidden Scar™ Breast Cancer Surgery. Learn More»
Breast surgery can be done by breast surgeons, general surgeons, or plastic surgeons. Breast surgery is generally performed for one of the following reasons:
- to diagnose, treat or prevent diseases of the breast
- to reconstruct the breast after surgery for treatment or prevention
- to improve the cosmetic appearance of the breast or symmetry between the breasts
The procedures done by breast surgeons or general surgeons include:
- surgery for breast abscess
- surgical breast biopsy
- partial mastectomy (lumpectomy) to remove a breast cancer
- mastectomy to remove the breast.
- sentinel lymph node biopsy
- axillary dissection
The following procedures are done by breast or general surgeons working together with plastic surgeons:
- oncoplastic surgery (combining partial mastectomy and surgery to reshape the breast)
- skin sparing mastectomy with immediate breast reconstruction
- nipple sparing mastectomy with immediate breast reconstruction
Procedures done by plastic surgeons include:
- mastopexy, or breast lift surgery, to reshape the breast
- breast reduction surgery
Breast Surgery is offered at two locations: Saratoga Hospital and the Saratoga Surgery Center on the Wilton Campus. The surgeons deliver care at these locations with the support of specially trained anesthesiologists, nurses, physician assistants, and surgical technicians. State-of-the-art diagnostic and surgical technology and tools help ensure that patients receive high quality care in a safe environment—and the best possible outcomes.
We’re Here for You
Wilton Medical Arts Building
3040 Rte 50,
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Women's Imaging Contact Info »
Stay in Touch
"From diagnosis to maintenance mode the Saratoga Breast Center has performed above and beyond what one would expect. The professionalism, care and compassion I was shown during this difficult journey let me know I was not alone."
"I am so happy to have had Dr. Kennedy as my breast surgeon. She is caring and takes her time to explain what I was to expect from my surgery and aftercare. The entire staff is just as caring and they all are just as wonderful as Dr. Kennedy."